Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Detention


Yesterday was Cory's first after school detention. He is 8 years old! I was surprised to get a call last Friday from Cory in a complete panic. At first the mother part in me was thinking that he was hurt. He was crying hysterically and I could not get a straight answer out of him as to why he was calling me at work. Finally I had to ask him to put his teacher on the phone. She went on to tell me that he was being given a after school detention because he was talking during lunch. Sounds silly I know! The classes were being to loud and rowdy so they were not allowed to get up from their seats or talk during their lunch. My son being the chatter box that he is just couldn't sit still and not talk. Hopefully this will be the last detention that he gets but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment