Thursday, April 8, 2010

To Catch Everyone Up!




I am new to this whole blogging thing but thought I would take a minute to catch everyone up that I have been out of touch with for awhile. I met my husband, Anthony, at work in 2001. We started out as friends and that blossomed into a relashionship over time. Anthony is my complete oposite...funny and carefree. Not too long after we started dating both of us were suprised to find out that I was pregnant. I was terrified, he was estatic. Needless to say over time the idea of being a mother became less scary and more exciting. We welcomed Cory Joseph into our family in March of 2002. After much convincing on Anthony's part (I have been told many times that I am hard to deal with at times) we decided to take the plunge and get married. Anthony and I were married in Thornton, CO on September 10, 2002. We stayed in Thornton raising our son until we decided to buy a home. We had a house built and moved to Brighton, CO (it seemed like it was out in the sticks at that time) in the summer of 2005. We hit a bumpy patch medically starting in January of 08'. First Anthony had an umbilical hernia that required surgery in Jan 08', then he had gastric lap banding in August of 08' (he has lost 123lbs! I put in a before after after picture), and finally his apendix burst in Sept 09' which required emergancy surgery. Since then we have been busy raising our son and working like everyone else. Anthony and I both still work for Lightning Ventures, Inc. Anthony is the Assistant Transportation Manager and drives a truck and I run the office at our Henderson Facility. Cory keeps us busy with sports and just being a goofy kid. I am glad that I listened to my husband and got over the fear of being a failure as a mom because Cory is the best thing that ever happend to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment