Monday, May 10, 2010

Me and the lawnmower


My husband works long hours and lots of weekends so I am pretty much in charge of taking care of the lawn. A couple weeks back it was time for our first mow. I pulled out the lawn mower, added gas and pulled the cord. Nothing happened! Thinking that I was being clever I added oil...well I added a full bottle of oil not evening considering the fact there is a fill line. I pulled the cord and still couldn't get the lawnmower to start. I called Anthony at work and asked him what could possibly be the problem. He asked if the lawnmower had oil. I said yes and explained to him how I had added oil. Needless to say that did not go over all that well since he knew right off the bat that I had overfilled the lawnmower. That weekend my father in law and Anthony attempted to repair the lawnmower. After draining the oil from the lawnmower and removing oil from the filter, engine and everywhere else the determined that it was toast. The only good thing for me was that they are both pretty sure that it was already toast before I "fixed" it. A trip to Home depot later I now have a new lawnmower that is pictured above. It works wonderfully and I have been forbidden from adding any more fluids to this machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment