Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Being a mom is the best gift that any women could ever experience. I am blessed to have a wonderful son and husband. Mother's Day weekend was a little different for me this year. My mother in law and I used to attend Mother's Day teas with her friend Gale and her church. It was fun to be pampered for the day, drink tea and eat little tea sandwiches. There was live music and prayer. Unfortunately Gale passed away from stomach cancer so our plans have changed. I had planned to have Anthony's mom over on Sat for dinner and then we were going to go to my sisters house in Littleton for dinner with my mom. Unfortunately my mom had to work on Sat and decided that she did not want to go anywhere on Sun so she could recuperate. I was pretty bummed out that I was not able to see my mom but I should be able to see her this coming weekend. So I went to work making dinner for my mother in law. I decided to make stuffed shells with spinach, cheese and Italian sausage. Those were simple but yet tasty. Then I decided to make individual chocolate lava cakes. I am normally pretty good about following directions...so I got all of the ingredients out and got started. After a huge mess, a few missteps where I got ahead of the directions and a few hair pulling moments I had the finished lava cakes and if I must say so myself they turned out pretty tasty. I was going to take a picture of the finished product but my camera batteries were dead and no one wanted to wait that long before eating them. Sunday I was hoping to wake up to breakfast from my "boys" but I guess I woke up to early so they took me out instead. After lunch we went shopping with some gift cards we had. All in all it was an enjoyable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment